Being active. It’s as easy as go.
Find fun exercises you enjoy and can do regularly. It’s easy as taking a quick 10-minute walk to and from the parking lot, bus stop or the store. Keep it interesting by trying something different each day. Every little bit helps.
More ways to increase physical activity
- Join a walking group in the neighborhood or at the local shopping mall. Bring a friend for support.
- Push the baby in a stroller.
- Get the whole family in on the fun. Enjoy an afternoon bike ride with your kids.
- Walk up and down the soccer or softball field sidelines while watching your kids play.
- Walk the dog.
- Clean the house or wash the car.
- Walk, skate or cycle more. Drive less.
- Do stretches, exercises or pedal a stationary bike while watching television.
- Mow the lawn with a push mower.
- Plant and care for a vegetable or flower garden.
- Play with the kids—tumble in the leaves, build a snowman, splash in a puddle or dance to favorite music.
- Exercise to a workout video.
- Get off the bus one stop early or park a little ways away and then walk.
- Replace a coffee break with a brisk 10-minute walk. Ask a friend to go with you.
- Take part in an exercise program at work or a nearby gym.
- Join the office softball team or walking group.
- Walk, jog, skate or cycle.
- Swim or do water aerobics.
- Take a class in martial arts, dance or yoga.
- Golf (pull cart or carry clubs).
- Canoe, row, or kayak.
- Play basketball, softball or soccer.
- Hand cycle or play wheelchair sports.
- Take a nature walk.