- 1 1/2 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half or quarters
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves or parsley
- 1 small orange, peeled and diced or 3/4 cup (one 11-ounce can) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat broth to boiling, stir in bulgur and turn off heat. Cover and set aside for 25 minutes.
2. Remove the cover and fluff the bulgur with a fork. Let cool at least 5 minutes.
3. Stir in grapes, onion, mint or parsley, and orange.
4. In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, mix or shake together the dressing ingredients. Pour over bulgur mixture and toss well. Chill until ready to serve.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.