- 3/4 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed (2 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
1. Slice the asparagus diagonally into pieces about 3/4 inch long.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients. Stir and sauté until asparagus is a brighter green, 3-5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until the asparagus is just fork-tender. Avoid overcooking. Shake the pan occasionally to prevent sticking or burning.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.