- 8 cups greens (try kale, bok choy, chard, collard, mustard or others)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, (peeled and cut in thin strips or coarsely shredded)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (if desired)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (if desired)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1. Wash greens and separate leaves from stems if needed. Slice stems crosswise, if using. Chop or slice leaves into thin strips.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
3. Add carrots and stems if separated; cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add greens, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
5. When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.