- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry orzo (rice shaped pasta)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1. Sauté leeks in oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Add mushrooms and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Stir in the orzo and toast lightly, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is almost tender, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and simmer until orzo is tender (about 2 minutes).
6. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.