- 1 pound small red potatoes, skins on
- 2 teaspoons oil or cooking spray
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey (15% fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
1. Slice potatoes into small circles about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Lightly coat the potato slices with oil (or spray for 3 seconds with cooking spray).
3. Arrange slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes, depending on desired darkness.
4. Meanwhile, add ground turkey and chili powder to a skillet. Cook, stirring over medium heat (300 in an electric skillet) for 8-10 minutes or until turkey browns.
5. Remove potatoes from the oven.
6. Transfer baked potatoes to a casserole dish or an oven-safe dish. Top with turkey and sprinkle with cheese. Put back in the oven to melt the cheese, about 2 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, and salsa.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.