- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
2. Bring the water or broth and quinoa to a boil in a 2-3 quart saucepan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
3. Meanwhile, combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add to the vegetables.
5. Add quinoa and stir gently to combine.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.