- 1/2 cup dry split peas (green, yellow, or a mix)
- 1 1/2 cups broth (any flavor)
- 2 green onion (or 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1. In a small saucepan, combine split peas and water or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender but still holding their shape, 20 minutes. Drain if needed. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, combine the cooked split peas, onion, tomatoes and parsley. Add the dressing and toss lightly.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.