- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper (optional)
- 6 cups beans, about 4 cans (15 ounces each) drained and rinsed (try a mixture - green beans, wax beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans)
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (try a mixture - onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper)
1. In a large bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and oil. Mix well. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Add beans and vegetables and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. For more flavor, make a day ahead.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.