- 1 carrot, sliced thin or coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 can (15 ounces) beets, diced/drained or 6 (2" round) cooked from fresh and diced
1. Cook carrots (if desired) until just tender. Try microwave or steaming.
2. In a medium bowl, combine onion, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cilantro, if desired. Add beets and carrots and stir to coat evenly. Serve warm or cold.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.