- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar~1 cup broth (try chicken or vegetable)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ~4 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Add turnips and sugar. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
3. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid evaporates and the turnips are tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
4. Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.